Viewpoints Dinner / Speaker Series
Every third Sunday in October, November, January, February and March
Time: Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Dinner is served at 6 p.m.
Location: Lakeway Activity Center, 105 Cross Creek, Lakeway TX 78734
Tickets must be purchased in advance. Tickets go on sale August 1st, 2019 at the Lakeway Activity Center.
Non-members: $135/person for the series.
LAC Members: $115/person for the series. If members purchase their tickets before September 13th, there will be a $10 discount for the series. If you are unable to attend a program for which you are holding tickets, please help us keep catering costs down by emailing: Viewpoints@ThomasGCain.com
This series aims to enrich the perspectives of area residents by delivering thought-provoking and informational programs in the areas of science, technology, history, business, current events and the arts in an entertaining and socially engaging atmosphere.
Viewpoints features delicious catered dinners from various Lakeway restaurants and professional speakers discussing current events that affect our lives. Enjoy dinner and BYOB and become enlightened on a new subject each month!
Make plans now and reserve your spot. No partial sales; must purchase the entire series. Seating is limited.
Upcoming dates for the 2019-20 season:
- Sunday, October 20, 2019 - Speaker: Fred Burton. Topic: Today's World and What the Future Holds. Dinner will be catered by Mangieri's Pizza Cafe.
- Sunday, November 17, 2019 - Speaker: Stephen Harvill. Topic: Why We Love the Movies. Dinner will be catered by Little Greek Fresh Grill.
- Sunday, January 19, 2020 - Speaker: Bill Hawkins. Topic: History of Lakeway. Dinner will be catered by Pok-e-Jo's Smokehouse.
- Sunday, February 16, 2020 - Speaker: Richard Bottner. Topic: The Role of Hospitals in Treating the Opioid Epidemic. Dinner will be catered by Pao's Mandarin House.
- Sunday, March 29, 2020 - Speaker Mark Houston. Topic: Fracking Shale Oil and Gas Pros and Cons. Dinner will be catered by Casa Chapala Mexican Restaurant.