- Police Department
- Victim Services Unit
Victim Services Unit
The goals of the unit are to provide crisis stabilization and support services to Lakeway and Bee Cave victims, witnesses, survivors, and co-victims experiencing crime or trauma, in order to speed their recovery and aid them through the criminal justice process, while treating them with compassion, dignity, and respect.
The Victim Services Unit can assist victims directly as well as coordinate with other agencies in providing support, information, and resources that can effectively meet victims’ needs. These free services provide crime victims with a continuum of support from the initial crisis period through the investigative and judicial processes.
The following services are provided by the unit:
- Provides crisis intervention and support services to victims and assists with issues resulting from victimization.
- Assesses the psychosocial status of victims.
- Provides information to victims related to crime and/or court case.
- Collaborates with law enforcement in service provision to crime victims.
- Coordinates referrals and provision of services to victims.
- Provides notification to victims of their rights.
- Conducts safety and emergency planning with victims.
- Provides explanations of the criminal justice process and how to file criminal charges.
- Provides information on how to apply for a Protective Order and assists victim with application process.
- Provides information on the Texas Crime Victim’s Compensation Fund and assists victim with application process.
- Informs the victim how to register for Texas VINE (Victim Information and Notification Everyday) which provides notification of a suspect’s status once in custody.
- Provides information specific to the crime or traumatic circumstance and recovery process.
- Provides accompaniment to/from Protective Order applications, hearings, forensic interviews, court, and shelters.
- Provides an interpreter when needed.
The unit is comprised of the Victim Assistant Coordinator. A volunteer program is in progress which will utilize local volunteers to provide victim services support to victims, witnesses, survivors, and co-victims. Click here if you are interested in becoming a volunteer.