- Mayor & City Council
Mayor & City Council
The City Council is the “governing body of the city.” It is made up of seven members (mayor and six councilmembers). The City Charter requires that all councilmembers be volunteers. All councilmembers are elected “at large.” The mayor represents the city at ceremonies and events. The mayor does not have a supermajority vote nor can the mayor veto council actions. The mayor does set the agenda for council meetings and also acts as the city’s spokesperson when needed.
- All office holders for city elective office shall meet the requirements for public office prescribed by state and federal law, as well as the City Charter of the City of Lakeway. They must be registered voters, residing in the city for at least one year prior to the election and be at least 21 years of age by the date of the election. Members of the council shall serve without pay or compensation.
- First Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. (as needed)
- Third Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
- Lakeway City Hall council chambers
1102 Lohmans Crossing Road
Lakeway, Texas 78734
* Effective January 1, 2023: City Council meetings will be held at 6:30 p.m.
Agendas & Minutes
Currently posted agendas as well as past agendas, minutes, and council meeting audio recordings may be found in the Archive Center.
Lakeway City Council
|Thomas Kilgore||Mayor||May 2021 - May firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Louis Mastrangelo||Mayor Pro Tem||Nov 2018 - May email@example.com|
|Gretchen Vance||Councilmember||May 2019 - May firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kelly Brynteson||Councilmember||May 2022 - May email@example.com|
|Jennifer Szimanski||Councilmember||May 2022 - May firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Christopher Forton||Councilmember||May 2023 - May email@example.com|
|Kent O'Brien||Councilmember||May 2023 - May firstname.lastname@example.org|